www.the351cforum.com

ALL things related to the Ford 351C
It is currently Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:17 am 

Hello, looking at Facebook , internet and YouTube for some ideas in restomoding my 1973 Mach 1 I do see many recommendations about your parts and services for building 351 Cleveland. What I am intending to do with my car is some roadcouse driving, street cruising , long car drives and maybe an occasional drag race. I am looking for a stoker kit for my Cleveland and this is what I currently have for engines.

1973 351 Cleveland with 1970 4v closed chamber heads with rocker pedestal modified with roller rockers and new valve guides, the engine is bored .30 over with forged pistons, lined honed and decked. Its probably have 10k miles on it and it has been sitting for years.

1971 351 CJ Cleveland block with 4 bolt bottom 1 set of 351 4v open chamber heads and another set of 351 4V closed chamber heads these parts have been separated and need thorough machine work and cleaning.

351 Cleveland Funnel Web Intake
351 Cleveland Offenhauser dual port Intake.

Looking to tie this engine to possible 5 speed or 6 speed if I can find one at a reasonable price.

Currently I am working on body and suspension and hope to complete it within the next 12 month or so.

I am interested on what you recommend as an engine that has great hp./ torque and also very reliable as a good revving engine.

Thanks for your time and any information is greatly appreciated

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:09 pm 

Is the second block standard bore?

I would pair a block with thick cylinders up with your 4V CC heads and the Funnel Web. A stroker kit with a nice hydraulic roller would make some very streetable horsepower.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:53 pm 

Do not know if the other block is a standard bore picked it up with a 72 Mach 1 parts car.