www.the351cforum.com

ALL things related to the Ford 351C
It is currently Sun May 26, 2019 12:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:14 pm 

So the 354C that I did a year or so back is sold and gone. We named it #thelittleenginethatcould as it made about 620 hp with unported 4V heads and an unported Strip Dominator.....basically a testament to good camshaft selection and short block parts.

I'm getting ready to start another one, which I think I will name #theslightlybiggerenginethatcoulddoalittlemore. I have a nice steel Scat 3.5" crankshaft that I'm going to drop off tomorrow to have it offset ground to a Honda rod journal. Will be using Molnar rods along with a set of Mahle pistons with 1mm/1mm/2mm rings.

It will also get a set of 4V heads but we will be doing extensive port work this time.

The goal is for this engine to look like it was yanked out of a brand new 1970 Mustang and to make over 650 hp with a Blue Thunder dual plane intake.

Progress (albeit slow) will be shown as always.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:39 pm 

Brent looks like a great build, hope you been watching my teardown series on 408. Why are you using Molnar rods, correct offset with chevy rods?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:00 pm 

The Molnar rods are much lighter than most others. The offset is a non-issue.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:35 pm 

Tim (Drag Boss)

Any word on your Track Boss block? What happened to TMeyer? Why doesn't he want to machine any more? Does he still plan on making the iron Track Boss?

-Matt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:53 am 

blykins wrote:
The Molnar rods are much lighter than most others. The offset is a non-issue.

What is the weight difference between the 2 rods?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:09 am 

nova467spanker wrote:
Tim (Drag Boss)

Any word on your Track Boss block? What happened to TMeyer? Why doesn't he want to machine any more? Does he still plan on making the iron Track Boss?

-Matt

Sorry Brent to steal your post. My trackboss is supra cast alloy, stronger than T356 aluminum has been poured, it is being machined soon. I had a build planned to work with Tim Meyer. But over the course of time, he decided not to do any machine work any more. He sold all of his equipment, and dyno. Brent, now no other Cleveland competition. I am working with Darin Morgan, now in regards to heads and intake. He has my afd heads which he says they can sustain 850hp without worry. He also has a tfc intake and he got my air supremacy yesterday. He is going to fine tune everything. I am sending my A3 heads next. I know Brent would never work on it, so I never bothered to ask you Brent for help. Long story short, I saved a guys life in the ER couple of years ago, he happens to own a machine shop, couple of blocks from the hospital I work at. He is an old super stock, racer. Still races same 68 Camaro. It runs a 279 ci, that makes 700+ hp. He is buddies with Kaase since 60s, they used to race together. His name id Donn Rhode. I stopped in his shop to get oil last year, and we had talked periodically. I am bringing the 408 there this week. We are going to go through it and measure everything, see what I got. I was ripped off for $2800 from the last guy, who helped me with 408. I have specs, but I want to verify everything. We are going to work on it together. Hope cylinder bore measures good. If it is good, put it back together and race. Still want that 9.50. The build up of 427 trackboss is going to be built by himself, me, and going to get Kaase in there too.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:20 am 

So, with the offset grind, You'll have a 3.7 stroke then? So 377"?

Port work? We talking fillers and the price exhaust adapters or just bowl and short turn?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:48 am 

If my crank grinder does his due diligence, it will be close to 3.700-3.710. Don't have a bore size yet.

Haven't finalized the port work either. I've got some figurin' to do.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:25 pm 

Brent, did you find you a block yet?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:30 pm 

Maybe.