www.the351cforum.com

ALL things related to the Ford 351C
It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:51 pm 

Very interesting Dave ive heard the same about older big chevy alloy. This week snooped around pri talking to various builders and vendors. The concensus i heard was the new stuff moves way less. The production motors almost nothing. Set a little tighter if your worried about it. I will say there is a big swing going to alloy from what i seen. Very cool show.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:23 pm 

That build was in a Merlin block with a 10.200 deck height. It wasn't new and I don't know how old it was but it never had any problems at all and got used for many years until it was sold along with the boat.

I didn't get to make it to the PRI show this year I just had too much stuff going on to take off even though there were a few folks that I would have liked to have seen.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:32 pm 

Hi Tim. My Youtube subscription has been very slow here lately :D I know were all busy, just was wondering if you have any updates to your project.
-Matt

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:09 am 

nova467spanker wrote:
Hi Tim. My Youtube subscription has been very slow here lately :D I know were all busy, just was wondering if you have any updates to your project.
-Matt

Hey Matt,
Yes plan on episode 6, with tearing heads off. But like most, gets so busy with the holidays, have not done much. Darin Morgan emailed me couple of weeks ago, and asked to help me with the afd heads and tfc intake that I spent $2850 on porting, and they were at the porters 6 years. He said he will take care of them for me, get them to reher morrison asap. He said he gets 400cfm out them easy, can work them to 420-30. They got there yesterday. I had emailed him a while back, and never got a reply, he must have subscribed, and been watching vids too. He said he would back to me this week with flow numbers and a plan. May use them on new TrackBoss 427. I also picked up a set of NOS yates heads for a song. Not sure what to so with them. I want to really keep Cleveland cant, lots of unanswered questions, have to work at the solution.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6