www.the351cforum.com

ALL things related to the Ford 351C
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:48 pm 

In the engine pic of my Fairlane you may notice K&N carbon fiber valve covers. I found those on ebay many years ago and when in the market for some new covers I couldn't find the carbon ones' anymore. What happened to all the K&N sets, it's almost like they never existed or something, I've found a little but not much info about them.

Just curious, Div1Racer.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:04 am 

I believe these are the guys that used to make K&N's CF covers:

http://www.carbonfibervalvecovers.com/ValveCovers.html

div1racer wrote:
In the engine pic of my Fairlane you may notice K&N carbon fiber valve covers. I found those on ebay many years ago and when in the market for some new covers I couldn't find the carbon ones' anymore. What happened to all the K&N sets, it's almost like they never existed or something, I've found a little but not much info about them.

Just curious, Div1Racer.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:41 pm 

Cool, I didn't see that site....thanks for the link!!!!

Div1Racer.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:29 am 

If you're just going for the look of carbon fiber another option would be to take a plain pair of aluminum covers and have them "printed" to look like carbon fiber. There's a guy who is local to me in Rolla MO that does this sort of stuff it looks great and its durable. He can also do other textures such as wood or skulls if you're into that sort of thing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:59 pm 

Dave,
Thanks for the heads. Nah, I was just wondering why I couldn't find real carbon fiber valve covers as easily as I did 10 years ago. I bought my K&N's off ebay real cheap...new and still in the box. We have some folks in my area that apply different finishes by 'dipping'. Looks pretty cool. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN4PS7ZJeYY

Div1Racer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:43 am 

div1racer wrote:
Dave,
Thanks for the heads. Nah, I was just wondering why I couldn't find real carbon fiber valve covers as easily as I did 10 years ago. I bought my K&N's off ebay real cheap...new and still in the box. We have some folks in my area that apply different finishes by 'dipping'. Looks pretty cool. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN4PS7ZJeYY

Div1Racer

Yes that's the process I was thinking about. I've had several sets of valve covers and a few intake manifolds come through and the stuff is amazingly durable.