www.the351cforum.com

ALL things related to the Ford 351C
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 319 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 32  Next
 Post subject: Re: Racing
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:37 am 

Prayers - really, no BS - for you guys and everyone in the impact zone. This may turn into your Harvey and none of it is any good. There are power crews and other support people on the way there from here and Oklahoma already. Even tiny local MetroCare is sending two people to assist.

>I heard this hurricane is suppose to be big enough to cover all of North Carolina.
Yesterday the storm was quoted at 400 miles wide - that's the crow fly distance from Abilene to El Paso.

Attachments:
400Miles.JPG
400Miles.JPG [ 68.4 KiB | Viewed 638 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:18 am 

Yeah, this storm is no joke at all. Stay safe Rob.

What's amazing is that they're still not certain on the track yet. Some have it going through south carolina, Some have it going south along the east coast. Another one that I saw shows it hitting around myrtle, making a loop around and hitting it again :shock: . I guess when it's 400 miles wide, it doesn't matter where is makes landfall, as everything will be getting nailed.

Good luck to all!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:28 pm 

The projected path keeps changing. They arent real sure what it's going to do when it gets close to land, and the weather guys have literally said that.
My employer pulled the plug on us working tomorrow and Friday since no one is real sure what it's doing. Granted it looks like it's pretty promising we are out of the path of the eye, but with as big as this storm is, you dont have to be close to the eye at all to get caught up in it. They are projecting it to be 500 miles wide when it makes landfall, and they are saying we should start seeing tropical force winds late thursday night/early friday morning.
And the ground is already saturated. Hell, we just got an inch of rain a little bit ago, and it took about 20 minutes, and we arent even seeing anything from the storm yet.

In other news, I did get new injector lines ordered. I noticed monday when I fired it up and switched it to alchy a couple of them were leaking. Given they are either 20 or 22 yrs old, it was probably time to change them either way. The funny part is, I called James Monroe to order them, he answered the phone with "Killerrons, this is James, and shouldnt you be heading for higher ground?" LOL

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:11 pm 

Yeah mate stay safe!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:13 pm 

Looking at some of the web cams still operational - surf's up. It's "down" to a Cat 2 but still as wide as both Carolinas.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:10 am 

This has turned in to a rain event, and not a wind event for our area. That doesnt mean we arent getting any wind, just not the tropical storm force like they at first were predicting. And it doesnt mean we arent in the clear of trees falling. Yesterday in town they lost a red oak tree that they figured was over 250 yrs old. They actually passed a city law a few years ago protecting it as they think it was the oldest tree in town. Well, it came down yesterday and knocked out power to all of downtown for most of the day.
We got a bunch of rain last night, and they are saying we could get 6-10" before this thing moves out of here.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:15 pm 

Water can be worse than the wind. Any downgrade in the storm helps though.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:13 pm 

Well that was fun. The storm didnt go near as far west before it turned north as they thought it would, so it turned north and basically went straight up over us at a snails pace. We ended up with almost 7" of rain from the storm, and got about 3" of that this morning. Several places not very far from us got A LOT more, and had a ton of flash flooding this morning.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:09 am 

Glad to hear it was less severe at your place than possible. The pictures on TV from Wilmington are just devastating.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:28 am 

Test-N-Tune was Saturday. Dragster did "OK", still have some issue with idle. Does fine for a couple of passes then acts like it wants to load up. First two 5.478, 5.477. The had to mess with the idle, hard to keep it going staging - 5.459. Same next, 5.49 with the 60' off 2, probably water or street cars in front or is was loading up. Turned in idle screws and that seemed to help a little. Talked to my carb guy, said take it down from 7 psi to 6.5. Did that and it all went to hell. Was on a 5.47 pass (per 60' and 330') laid over big in high, got way hot, oil pressure below 25 - shut it down. LOL 6.18 @ 74 coasting, that's a cute time slip. It apparently lost fuel pressure and got warm, 230F. Driving back to pit the fuel pressure was wigging around like a seismograph. After cooling off oil pressure was AOK, fuel still weird so I put it up. Need to call Aeromotive and see what they think, acts like a regulator issue - since all was good until I tweaked it 0.5 lbs. As a test I put it back at 7 and it did the same thing - hold for a bit then dance around. We may still be a hair on the lean side on jetting I think.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 319 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 32  Next