www.the351cforum.com

ALL things related to the Ford 351C
It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: 2018 new cam results
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:11 pm 

Honestly, I've seen very little extra upkeep with alcohol versus gas.
I dont even bother to drain the cell if it has sat for an extended period of time. I figure I'm gonna burn most of that while warming the car up anyways.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:08 pm 

Chris ,
When you can afford it , you need an 8" converter with more stall. That should get you another .1 reduction in 60'. "I" think you have a 5.0 combination hiding there.The 8" would like the bigger duration cam too.
Randy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:34 am 

Looking at the schedule today - race and football LOL - we are probably not going to make it to alcohol this season. Not enough testing time left. Bought some resistors to make a couple of low tech sub 3000 two-step chips. For now, I'd like to set up around 2600 to launch. Goal is to get that done tonight. Then, load the car and close the door - wife is tired, and rightly so, of being a "shop widow" and I need a break. Plus it's going to be 100+ starting Monday all next week into the next race day and I don't really want to wrassle with loading when it's a balmy 105.

Yes, next up would be a 8". Michael's converters are not big $$$ and they work. But really after sitting last night and going over what, the #1 thing is to stabilize the patient and work on reaction times with that $200 trans brake button. :) Too late in the year to worry about much else. 5 more points races, fighting to stay in the top 10 then bracket finals middle of September. That is only 9 weeks from now.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:58 am 

The results this weekend were a little skittish because of the heat. Turned it up to 6800 for now and worked on lights (for all the good that did). MPH is real steady - first two time trials (this is at 5200+ DA and around 103F air @ 12 noon) car ran 121.74/same. 5.73 right, 5.70 left respectively. Did the hero pass first round - again - 5.66 @ 121.39. Then 5.75, 5.75 - except I didn't dial it 5.75 LOL. I made an adjustable staging control - 2.5K potentiometer and locking dial - and worked it at 2500. I think that is too low. I may need to be more like 2800 or 3000. The motor cleans up around there and leaving too low may be the issue with the sudden hero passes.