www.the351cforum.com

ALL things related to the Ford 351C
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:30 am 

Gary ,
I know what you mean. I have gone onto other forums at someone's request to answer a question that is in my area of expertise. Because my "rating" is newbie (or anything less than veteran) I have been challenged , slammed , etc by other posters. No one knows my experience and assume a "rookie" doesn't know , I get that. I choose to use PMs if I don't agree instead of arguing with someone for all to see. It saves allot of "dog piling" and hurt feelings. Tearing someone apart "socially" does not make you a bigger man , just a bigger fool. ( IMHO)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:26 am 

I use Jays FE forum, it's the best FE forum out there, imo. I don't post much, had a period where I wasn't even logging on much, I have a LOT of projects going, and my Cleveland project is not my #1 priority, I just sort of keep an eye open for good deals I can use and pick them up as they appear, so sometimes not much happens on it for a month or more at a time, and it wasn't 100% clear in my mind where I wanted it to go. Recently, I feel like the direction for the rest of the car has finally kind of gelled, so getting the motor together might start moving a little faster now.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:44 am 

Many "big ego" guys ( that seem to be the most obnoxious) fall victim to "their way" is the "only way" and berate those who don't subscribe. Trouble is there isn't "one way" . There are often several ways to gain the same net result and that must be respected. Having a different opinion is human nature since we aren't "robots" Let's say two guys "max effort" build the same engine two different ways and they both have the same net HP. It is possible that combining elements from both designs could produce MORE power than either of the individual builds. THAT is progress and could teach both a valuable lesson.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:11 am 

I've been messing with this crap for a little better than 40 years now. If I had decided 30 years in that I had reached saturation, and knew all I needed to know, I would know one HELL of a lot less than I do now. ;)
I find that the more I learn, the less I "know"... :lol: if you ever decide that you don't need to learn anymore because you know it all, you may as well turn out the lights, cause the party's over!