www.the351cforum.com

ALL things related to the Ford 351C
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:35 pm 

If anyone has noticed, I've been missing for a few days. The reason being, my 95 yr old grandmother passed away Thursday Sep 20th. Being the executor of the will, which I have never done before so I've been winging it, I was in charge of basically everything. Luckily my grandmother was from the generation where they actually planned for things like this, so most of the funeral arrangements were already done. She had an insurance policy paid for that covered most everything, casket picked out, pallbearers picked out, obituary written, etc. Granted, it was all done about ten years ago so we had to tweak a few things, but it was still a lot easier than doing it all. So what that meant was, Monday morning we left to drive back to Iowa. We got there Tuesday afternoon. Visitation was Wednesday afternoon, service Thursday morning. Up until the service, we were spending all our time cleaning out her apartment, trying to tie up financial ends, etc. I finished the stuff up Friday that had to be done locally, so we left Saturday morning to come home. Tomorrow I still need to call the company that handled her pension and get that stopped, call the phone company and get her phone shut off, and hopefully have the patience to call the insurance companies tomorrow and get that process started. Since the day after her passing, I had a headache just about all day every day up until, well, today. I did get to see a couple of family members I hadnt seen in awhile, but, there was nothing about this trip that was "vacation". I had thought about going to the track Saturday before we left Monday, and I know she would have told me to go, but there was just too much stuff to get done around the house before we could leave since there was no lead up time to our departure like normal.
And before anyone asks, no she wasnt sick, she was just 95 yrs old, and had been ready to move on for a couple of years now. She was in early stages of dementia, and was spending probably 20 hours a day sleeping the last year or so. Her mind had given up, but her body was too strong to quit. Hospice told us in November they would be surprised if she lived past January. She surprised them.
Yeah Brent, that yellow 2016 Mustang that went by your neck of the woods on 64 yesterday was me. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:04 pm 

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like she had a very long and fulfilling life though.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:58 pm 

Sorry to hear that KV!

My 94 year old grandfather left me with a lot of good memories and I hope your grandmother did the same. Peace brother!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:10 am 

Well old hurricane Mike knocked our power out yesterday. It went out about 4:30 and they are saying it could take 4 days before everyone gets their power back on. The remnants of the eye literally went directly over us and the backwall was collapsing, so it had a lot of strong winds from it, and it knocked down a lot of trees in our area. None on our property, but a lot of other folks lost trees, and a lot of them took out power lines.
Thankfully we still had a lot of gas for the generator, and a lot of bottled water from being prepared last time. We doont have as much quick to prepare stuff in the freezer though, but if need be, I am sure stores will get power back quickly.