www.the351cforum.com

ALL things related to the Ford 351C
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Vacation places
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:16 pm 

So for the few of us that are lucky enough to be able to actually go on vacation, where are your favorite places to go?
When I was growing up (and lived in Iowa), we used to go to Colorado every summer. My grandparents had a lot with a double wide on it on the side of the moutains south of Pueblo. Colorado still has a special place in my heart, but living on the east coast now it is not possible to get there. I've been to Alaska a handful of times and really love it there as well, but it's just not a practical yearly destination.
Our current favorite vacation spot is St Augustine in Florida. We both love history, and with it being the oldest city in the US, there is plenty of it there. Plus the city is considered one of the most haunted in the country, if you believe and or are in to that sort of thing.
We try to get there for 3 or 4 days at least once a year. We just got back Thursday from being there, and man this is a great time of the year to be there, especially in the middle of the week. The weather was fantastic, there weren't a ton of tourists there, and the city was all lit up with it's Christmas lights.

Post subject: Re: Vacation places
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:36 am 

I just love seeing things that I have never seen before. I'm a history buff too and like to visit historical sites, museums, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:41 am 

Depends on what you're into I guess.

I enjoy going to Nashville to get away. Live music every day of the week. I recommend going there on a sunday and leaving in the middle of the week. There are fewer people at that time and they seem to be friendlier vs those there for the weekend.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:05 pm 

Appalachian trial for a week will do it for me..Umbrella drinks are hard to come by. Rain is not.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:39 pm 

Really Cool place is the Thousand Islands on the St. Lawrence Seaway, not really a boat guy but tons of wooden boat history, Chris Craft, those had some 427 FEs, Good topic looking to find some places for our family to go, with a 2 and 6 year old girls .....